Although the Department of Anthropology is not going out of its way to advertise this, we are officially accepting applications for students who want to get an MA in Anthropology and focus in Archaeology. Yes, you heard it right: we are looking for students and are excited to accept a new group of MA students for Fall 2010.
We are particularly looking for students who are fairly committed to taking a science-based approach to the archaeological record. While there is lots to learn (and brain reorganization required), the result provides students with strong analytic and critical tools necessary to be competitive in archaeology and other related disciplines.
At CSULB, it our goal to provide archaeology students with:
- strong theoretical training;
- access and hands-on training on state of the art instrumentation;
- field work opportunities;
- exposure to an innovative and highly interdisciplinary environment that combines theory and the use of analytical techniques to solve problems central to the understanding of the physical, life and social sciences;
- internships and graduate assistantships;
- funds for student research projects;
- One-on-one mentorship for graduate work and post-MA careers.
Campus and department applications can be found here: http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/cla/departments/anthropology/ Be certain to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hector Neff (email@example.com) if you are interested in the program or are planning to apply. We would be happy to provide you more information and to answer any questions you might have.
Post a Comment